Discover Microbiology & Immunology
The Department of Microbiology & Immunology is a core department of the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry and places a special emphasis on biomedical research and teaching with a focus on human disease, infection and immunity.
Microbiology & Immunology News
Research News: Understanding antibodies at play in long-lasting COVID-19 immunity Subheading: A team of researchers across Canada, including collaborators from Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, is shedding light on how our bodies develop immunity to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, and may help to assess how effectively current vaccines are at conferring long-term immunity.
- Announcement: Jimmy Dikeakos selected as President of the Canadian Society for Virology
- Western makes new commitments on anti-racism
- COVID-19 Planning and Recovery
- Dr. John Yoo begins his term as Dean
- Gregory Dekaban, PhD, has been extended as Acting Chair, Department of Microbiology & Immunology
- Western University researchers begin work on COVID-19 vaccine