4th Year Clinical Electives
Schulich Medicine learners are welcome to apply for rural & regional community elective in their 4th year. Opportunities include:
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
These electives assist students to further develop their clinical knowledge and practice their skills in clinical settings outside of the teaching centres. Students work with enthusiastic and knowledgeable faculty.
- Electives must be a minimum of four weeks in order to be eligible for funding assistance with travel and accommodation.
- Students can apply for several electives of a minimum of two weeks, either in one community or in numerous communities. Please note: 2-week electives are not eligible for travel or accommodation funding.
- We will do our best to match you with a faculty member that has similar interests. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- It is recommended that applicants have a car.
- Placements depend on preceptor availability.
- Submit an online form.