Why choose Western's Master of Public Health (MPH) Program?
A unique Program:
- 12 month full-time (8 months in-class) academically challenging Program
- Extensive use of real life teaching cases and experiential learning
- Team-based learning environment
- Provides you with the core competencies of public health practice
- Gives you the tools and confidence to lead in an ever changing environment
- Applies your previous experience to a wide range of scenarios
- Connects you with diverse peers from varying backgrounds (international and domestic)
- Pushes you to further develop your critical thinking skills
- Exposes you to the “grey” areas of public health (no “one-size fits all” solutions)
A novel curriculum, including:
- Day-long Integrative Workshops on complex public health problems
- Field trips to public health organizations
- Networking opportunities with public health leaders
- Guaranteed practicum placement with one of our many international or domestic partners
- Career development embedded in the curriculum
- Program is recognized by employers as producing effective change agents
- You enter the workforce 12 months earlier than most other MPH graduates
- Over 90% of graduates are employed or pursuing further schooling within twelve months of graduation
- You enjoy career counselling and career development for life!
The MPH Program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.