Awards and Funding
Please note that since this is a course-based Program there is no financial aid for MPH students. While funding is not available through the Program, the Master of Public Health Program hopes to provide students with information regarding external scholarships and bursaries. Some of those scholarships can be found below.
- Soroptimist Foundation of Canada
- Global Opportunities Award from Western International
- First Nations Information Governance Centre National Student Bursary
- The Bursary Program of the Health Officers Council of British Columbia
- Vladimir and Mary Ann Hachinski Master of Public Health Scholarship
- Awarded annually to a graduate student entering the Master of Public Health Program, with academic achievement and financial need. Preference will be given to a student who has work or volunteer experience in the field of stroke or dementia. The Admissions committee in the MPH Program will select the recipient. At least one member of the committee must hold membership in the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. This scholarship was established with a generous gift from Dr. Vladimir Hachinski and Mrs. Mary Ann Hachinski. Value: 1 at $1,000