Interested in learning more about the MPH Program?
Join our webinar on December 6th from 12-1 pm
Register by emailing email@example.com
The online application will open October 1 and close on January 30 at 11:59 p.m.
In order to apply to graduate studies at Western University, it is important that you understand the essential elements of the Western graduate school application. No application will be considered until it is complete. The responsibility rests with the applicant to ensure that all documents (e.g., transcripts, letters of recommendation, test results such as TOEFL scores) are submitted by January 30 at 11:59 p.m. The anticipated date for offer letters to be issued is mid-April. Interviews in person or via Skype may also be conducted to ensure fit between the student and the rigorous academic program. The Program will begin accepting applications each October for entrance to the Program the following September.
Applicants must apply online through the Western Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies site. A completed online application must be submitted, including all of the following information and documentation:
- Biographical information
- Contact information
- Academic background
- Scanned copy of transcripts for any postsecondary institutions previously attended or currently attending
- Current resume or CV
- One page (single-spaced) statement of interest addressing the following: "What are your career aspirations in public health and how will our MPH Program help you achieve these goals?"
- One page (single-spaced) document answering the following two questions (maximum 1/2 page each):
- Please provide an example of your leadership skills.
- Tell us a situation/experience that was formative in your understanding of public health.
- Scanned copy of all degrees obtained (undergraduate, MA, PhD, MD, etc.)
- For Permanent Residents, a scanned copy of your PR Card is needed (please ensure that both the back and the front of it are copied) or any other documentation indicating your immigration status
- References, including at least one from an academic source (the system will send electronic requests for your reference letters)
- Proficiency in English Scores, if applicable (you must have the testing service send your score electronically to Western.)
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Western's TOEFL ID is 0984.
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) of the British Council (Academic).
- The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) of the University of Michigan.
- The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL Assessment).
- Application fee of $115 Canadian
The Schulich Interfaculty Program in Public Health's Master of Public Health Program (MPH) at Western University does not grant requests to defer offers of admission. Applicants who cannot accept their offer of admission are encouraged to apply for the next admissions cycle and note on their application that they received an offer of admission the previous year.