Every year, the MNI family has many fun gatherings for students and faculty members, such as pumpkin carving contest for Halloween, thanksgiving potluck, and chili chef contest.
Western has many free or very affordable events such as Athletics / Recreation, Exhibition, Lecture / Seminar, Performances, workshops, wellness, and etc. Information about these events can be found on the Western event calendar page.
The School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (SGPS) offers many opportunities for students to connect with each other and with the campus and London community.
SGPS offers a variety of great and free resources for students’ physical and mental needs. Click here for a complete list of services.
Every year, students have the opportunity to attend national and international conferences to present their research and/or to learn about the latest advances in their field. This leads to growth as a student and established key networks for collaboration and future job prospects. Some examples of conferences routinely attended by students include:
- Canadian Society of Microbiologists https://www.csm-scm.org
- Canadian Society for Immunology (CSI) https://www.csi-sci.ca
- American Association of Immunologists https://www.aai.org
- American Society for Microbiology https://www.asm.org
- Canadian Society for Virology https://www.csv-scv.ca/
- American Society for Virology https://www.asv.org
- Canadian Association for HIV Research https://www.cahr-acrv.ca