Health, Wellness and Accommodation
Staying healthy both mentally and physically is essential for achieving goals of your study. Below are key resources on campus available to help you maintain your health and wellness.
Please contact the Graduate Chair if you have any concerns about health or wellness. If you need any academic accommodations, you can directly contact the course coordinator(s) and/or your supervisor. If accommodations involving more than one course, any program milestone or an extensive time period (more than a week), please contact the Graduate Chair. In these cases, the Graduate Chair may ask the student to consult with Student Accessibility Services.
Mental Health Support
Academic Support & Engagement
SGPS Support Services for Students with Disabilities
SGPS Appeals and Discipline
Graduate Supervision Handbook
Take Care Resources – Western Campus
- Psychological services, WSSB rm 4100, sdc.uwo.ca/psych,519-661-3031, Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4 PM
- Wellness Education Centre, UCC rm 76, wec.uwo.ca, 519-661-2111 ext 87127, Monday to Friday 10 am to 6 pm
- Peer Support Centre, UCC rm 256, westernusc.ca/peersupport, Monday to Friday 10 am to 4 pm
- Student Health Services, UCC rm 11, www.shs.uwo.ca, Monday to Thursday 9 am to 7 pm, Friday 9 am to 4:40 pm, some Saturdays.
After Hours Support Off Campus Resources
- Good2Talk, 24/7 phone support, 1-866-925-5454
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line, 1-855-242-3310
- MentalHealthHelpline.ca 1-866-531-2600
- DrugandAlcoholHelpline.ca 1-800-565-8603
- ProblemGamblingHelpline.ca 1-800-230-3505
- LGBT Youthline 1-800-268-9688
- ReachOut247.ca 519-433-2023 or 1-866-933-2023
Or visit in person at CMHA Walk-in 24/7 at 648 Huron St