What are the tuition costs?

Current and historic fee schedules can be found on the Office of the Registrar website.

Is there any type of financial aid available?

The Western Financial Aid Office can help students meet their educational goals. For detailed information, please see the Office of the Registrar website. We can also provide you with a Letter of Enrollment to use to obtain a professional student loan.

When does the Prior Learning Assessment Exam take place?

The PLA Exam is a one-day clinical assessment that takes place mid-March.

When do interviews take place?

Interviews normally take place in late March.

If I decline an offer of admission to the DDS ITD Program, can I be guaranteed a spot in the future?

No. Due to the high volume of applications received each year, we are not able to hold your spot for the future. If you are re-considering the program, you must submit a new online application and send in all your up-to-date documentation and fee again.

How can I best prepare for the PLA Exam?

Our Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry Continuing Dental Education (CDE) office administers the mandatory, limited-enrollment Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Course for all eligible applicants who wish to be considered for the DDS ITD Program. See the Continuing Dental Education (CDE) website or contact their office at 1.888.281.1428 or email cde@schulich.uwo.ca for more information.

How many positions are available in the Schulich Dentistry DDS ITD Program?

This is a very competitive program with a limited enrollment of a maximum of 20 students.

I am on the DDS ITD Program wait list. Should I apply to the program again in the next round of applications?

Yes. If you wish to be considered for the next academic cycle, you must re-submit a new online application and mail in the fee and any valid, up-to-date supporting documentation by the application deadline date.

Do I need to become a Landed Immigrant/Canadian citizen to apply?

Yes, you must have permanent resident status or Canadian Citizenship at the time of applying to the program.

What if I don’t have all the required documents?

We cannot process your application if any of the documents are missing or out of date. All your supporting documentation should be received by our office well before the application deadline date, so that if anything is missing or invalid it can be provided by the deadline.

Do I have to pass the Assessment of Fundamental Knowledge in order to apply?

Yes, a minimum score of 75% or a pass is required.

Can I submit my ADAT results instead of the AFK?

No. Currently we only accept AFK examinations written in the past 5 years.

Do I need to write an English test?

All applicants* to the DDS ITD Program must submit the results of an English proficiency test, such as a TOEFL or IELTS test. Results are valid for 2 years from the date of the test.

*Applicants who have successfully completed four (4) full years of full-time Canadian high school education in English will be exempt. Notarized transcripts must be submitted.

Can I have my documents evaluated by ECE or another organization other than World Education Services (WES)?

No. You must have your degree/diploma evaluated by WES (Course-by-Course Report).

Can I appeal if I am not selected?

No. The decision of the Admissions Committee is final and there is no appeal process. No feedback can be given.

How many times can I re-apply to the program?

There is no limit to the number of times you can apply to the DDS ITD Program. However a new application, $275.00 application fee, and all up-to-date supporting documentation must be re-submitted each year to ensure eligibility. We strongly urge you to take copies or have multiple certified copies made of your documents, not only for your own records but also should you require them again for other purposes. Previously submitted applications, including all documents, are archived and destroyed.

Can I apply to the program if I've taken the NDEB Assessment of Clinical Skills (NDECC) or the Assessment of Clinical Judgment?

Yes. Applicants who have taken the NDEB ACJ and/or the ACS (NDECC) can apply to the program. However, applicants who have received NDEB certification by successfully completing the NDEB Written & the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) will not be considered for admission into the program.

I will be taking the PLA Course. Can I continue to pursue the NDEB Equivalency Process?

You may continue to register for and attend the National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB) Assessment of Clinical Judgment (ACJ) or the NDECC.

Do you accept the results from the NBDE parts I & II?

No, we do not accept NBDE results.

Do I need post-graduate clinical experience in order to apply?

It is not necessary to have post-graduate clinical experience in order to apply.