2008: Qualifying Program graduates from 1999 – 2005 receive retroactive DDS degrees
2007: Ministry of Training Colleges & Universities provided $1.2 million to Schulich Dentistry
2006: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Postgraduate Program established
2004 – 2014: Dr. Harinder Sandhu, Professor, Director, Schulich Dentistry
2004 – Present: Mr. Seymour Schulich donates $26+ million and the Schools of Medicine and Dentistry are renamed the “Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry.” Schulich Dentistry is also an accepted term when referring to Western’s Dental School.
2005: Qualifying Program is changed to Internationally Trained Dentists (ITD) program. Graduates of ITD receive the same degree of DDS as those enrolled in the predoctoral dentistry program.
2004 – 2005: Dr. Harinder Sandhu, Professor, Acting Director, Schulich Dentistry
1998 – 2003: Dr. Stanley Kogon, Professor, Director, Schulich Dentistry
1998 – 1999: Dr. Stanley Kogon, Professor, Acting Director, Schulich Dentistry
1997: The Governing Board of UWO grants the start of the Qualifying Program. Foreign trained graduates receive a dentistry certificate and are able to qualify for licensure in Canada.
1997: The School of Medicine and the School of Dentistry merge to become the Schools of Medicine & Dentistry. Dr. Robert McMurtry, Acting Director, Schulich Dentistry.
1982 – 1997: Dr. Ralph Brooke, Dean, School of Dentistry
1973: Graduate Orthodontics program is established.
1970: First class graduates from the Western Faculty of Dentistry.
1965 – 1982: Dr. Wesley Dunn, Founding Dean
1966: Ground-breaking Ceremony for the Dental Sciences Building
1964: Faculty of Dentistry is approved by the Government of Ontario
1949: Canadian Dental Association and the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario endorse the development of the faculty of dentistry at Western University.