Note: Students should be aware that your academic performance is
NOT in jeopardy if you seek counselling of any sort.
Dental school is a challenging and exciting time. However, it can also lead to considerable anxiety and stress related to academic performance, finances and the resulting impact on personal relationships.
There are numerous services students can turn to for confidential assistance:
Dr. Richard Bohay is the Assistant Director, Academics. Students are welcome to contact him by email
Other Counselling Services
The Learner Equity and Wellness Office is concerned with the physical, psychological, and professional safety of learners. We offer services to students including:
- Career guidance and academic support
- Awareness of equity issues within educational, work, and research activities
- Support services for medical and dental learners to encourage and enhance success
Western University also provides counselling through various centres on campus:
- Confidential Personal Counselling through the UWO Student Health Centre or
- For confidential assistance through Psychological Services at the Student Development Centre.
- You may also contact the Office of the Ombudsperon for assistance with academic or personal problems.
Schulich Dentistry is committed to improving Career Counselling services provided to our students to assist them in moving forward with their career goals after graduation. The University Student Success Centre provides a considerable amount of support to students to assist in the development of a proper Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter, as well as Job Search facilities.
- Visit The Student Success Centre website for more information
University Student Services
The University Student Services offers a portal where you will find services, applications, personal information, along with connections to other services offered to help you at Western.
- Visit the Student Service website for more information