Admission via transfer into Year 3 of the Doctor of Medicine (MD) Program can be considered only if a vacancy exists that year. Spaces sometimes become available due to attrition. Transfers are not permitted into Years 1, 2 or 4.
Application deadline is June 1 for admission consideration into Year 3 (Clerkship) of the upcoming academic year, which begins in August.
Applications may be submitted at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for transfer consideration, an applicant must meet ALL admission requirements at the time of application:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Be enrolled in a CACMS accredited Canadian medical school
- Have completed an undergraduate degree that satisfies Schulich Medicine admission requirements
- Provide additional documents and letter, as outlined in the Statement on Transfer of Student for Program Studies in UME, including but not limited to:
- Cover letter outlining reason(s) for the transfer request
- Consent for decanal discussion to occur between the transferring institution and Schulich Medicine
- Official transcript(s) of pre-medical studies, including course marks
- Curriculum Vitae
- Current Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Letter of good standing from the current school's undergraduate medical education (UME) dean
- Letters of recommendation (2) from present school's faculty members
Applications will only be considered if a seat is available. Please refer to the Statement on Transfer of Student for Program Studies in UME.
Consideration & Assessment
Applicants are reviewed based on a holistic assessment of their academic and non-academic achievements.
Applicants who have been required to withdraw from medical school for academic or other reasons will usually be ineligible for admission to Schulich Medicine via Transfer into Year 3.
Decisions on transfer applications are not subject to appeal.
Falsification or misrepresentation of information from any portion of the application will result in removal of the application from consideration.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure all documentation is submitted to the Admissions Office by the deadline indicated.