Military Medical Training Program
Our Commitment to Military Medical Training
The Military Medical Training Program (MMTP) is for applicants who have been active members of the Canadian Armed Forces for a minimum of 12 consecutive months prior to the application deadline.
The Canadian Armed Forces will fund a maximum of three supernumerary seats through the MMTP each year.
To be eligible for the MMTP, an applicant must:
- Be an active member of the Canadian Armed Forces for a minimum of 12 consecutive months prior to the application deadline;
- Consent to have verification of their application with the Canadian Armed Forces; and
- Be eligible and approved to receive funding of their medical school tuition by the Canadian Armed Forces. Applicants who are not approved for funding by the Canadian Armed Forces will be considered within the general application process and must meet all general admissions requirements.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all relevant documentation is submitted by the application deadline.
Applicants through the MMTP may be considered for MCAT flexibility with minimum scores for the individual sections of the MCAT, as well as the total MCAT score.
- Applicants must meet the 50th percentile in the total MCAT score and the 50th percentile in each of the individual component scores of the MCAT, as part of the School’s mandate for social accountability and responsibility.
- Applicants must still meet the same GPA, course load, course level and non-academic admission requirements as general applicants.
MCAT minimums are reset each year based on the competitiveness of the applicant pool.
Applying through the MMTP does not automatically guarantee the granting of MCAT flexibility nor an offer of admission.
For information about applying through the MMTP, please contact email@example.com.
For information regarding Medical Officer recruitment/roles/responsibilities and prospective military service in Health Services, please contact:
Major Tina D. Lipcsey, CD
Staff Officer Attraction and Retention, Canadian Forces Health Services Group Headquarters
For information about opportunities and supports available at Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, please contact the Office of Military Academic Medicine.