Second Year Transfer Students
Admission via transfer is only considered into Year 2 of the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) Program if a vacancy exists that year. A seat in the class sometimes becomes available due to attrition. Admission via transfer beyond Year 2 of the DDS Program is not permitted.
Application opens May 1, 2021 for admission consideration into Second Year commencing September 2021.
Application closes at 11:59PM ET on July 1, 2021.
This is the only site where access to the Second Year Transfer Application is available.
Click here for 2021 Application Information
Application for September 2021 is Closed
Schulich Dentistry will consider applicants who meet the following requirements at the time of application:
Citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Enrolled in an accredited undergraduate dental program in:
- New Zealand
- United States
- Undergraduate degree - applicants must satisfy the admission requirements of Schulich Dentistry.
English language proficiency – applicants whose mother tongue (first language) is not English may be required to prove their understanding of the English language.
Interview, Letters of Reference – applicants may be required to be present for an interview and/or submit letters of reference.
Dental Aptitude Test (DAT) is NOT required.
Application for admission into Second Year must be completed by July 1 for entry in September of the same year. In addition to completing the Online Application, all applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application fee of $275 Canadian funds
- Payment by cheque, money order or bank draft only (online payments are not accepted).
- Make payable to 'Western University'.
- Ensure applicant name is indicated on the actual cheque, money order or bank draft.
- Mail or courier payment to:
- Dentistry Admissions Coordinator
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
Health Sciences Addition, Room H103
1151 Richmond St North
London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
- Dentistry Admissions Coordinator
- If there is no competition, the application fee will be returned.
- Official electronic transcripts
- From each university, college or other post-secondary institution that you previously attended and/or are currently attending.
- Must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Admissions Office at email@example.com; please contact the Admissions Office if an electronic transcript cannot be sent.
- Course synopses of ALL previous dental courses taken. Please attach to the online application or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional documentation as outlined in the Online Application.
All of the above documentation must be uploaded to the online application or submitted electronically to email@example.com.
Consideration & Assessment
Applicants are reviewed based on a holistic assessment of their academic and non-academic achievements. The most competitive applicants:
Come from a comparable curriculum. Please refer to the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Year 1 course listings.
Have good standing in their current dental program. Applicants who have been required to withdraw from a dental school for academic or other reasons will usually be ineligible for admission to Schulich Dentistry via Second Year transfer.
Decisions on Second Year Transfer applicants are not subject to appeal.
Please Note: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure all documentation is submitted to the Admissions Office by the deadline indicated. Falsification or misrepresentation of information from any portion of the application will result in removal of the application from consideration.