Second Year Transfer Students
Admission via transfer into Year 2 of the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DD) Program can be considered only if a vacancy exists that year. A seat in the class sometimes becomes available due to attrition. Admission via transfer beyond Year 2 of the DDS Program is not permitted.
- Online Application opens: early May
- Application deadline: July 1
- Competition: August, for entry in September
Schulich Dentistry will consider applicants who meet the following requirements at the time of application:
Citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Enrolled in an accredited undergraduate dental program in:
- New Zealand
- United States
- Undergraduate degree - applicants must satisfy the general admission requirements of Western University and/or the transfer regulations adopted by Senate. Only applicants who have completed a four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university are eligible to apply.
English language proficiency – applicants whose mother tongue (first language) is not English may be required to prove their understanding of the English language.
Interview, Letters of Reference – applicants may be required to be present for an interview and/or submit letters of reference.
Dental Aptitude Test (DAT) is NOT required.
Application for admission into Second Year must be completed by July 1 for entry in September of the same year. In addition to completing the Online Application, all applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application fee of $275 Canadian funds, payable to 'Western University' by cheque, money order or bank draft. Please ensure that the applicant’s name is referenced on the payment. If there is no competition, the application fee will be returned.
- Official transcripts from each university, college or other post-secondary institution currently and previously attended.
- Course synopses of ALL previous dental courses taken.
- Additional documentation as outlined in the Online Application.
All of the above documentation must be submitted to:
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
Attn: Dentistry Admissions Coordinator, Admissions Office
Health Sciences Addition, Room H103
1151 Richmond Street
London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
Consideration & Assessment
Applicants are reviewed based on a holistic assessment of their academic and non-academic achievements. The most competitive applicants:
Come from a comparable curriculum. Please refer to the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Year 1 course listings.
Have good standing in their current dental program. Applicants who have been required to withdraw from a dental school for academic or other reasons will usually be ineligible for admission to Schulich Dentistry via Second Year transfer.
Decisions on Second Year Transfer applicants are not subject to appeal.
Please Note: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure all documentation is submitted to the Admissions Office by the deadline indicated. Falsification or misrepresentation of information from any portion of the application will result in removal of the application from consideration.