The central goal of the Family Medicine clerkship is to help you to enhance your skills in applying the Patient-Centred Clinical Method to understand the patient's personal experience of their illness and find common ground regarding management decisions.
- Becoming effective in interviewing patients
- Conducting a skilled and sensitive physical assessment
- Enhancing your clinical reasoning skills
- Finding and using the best evidence available
- Applying the principles of prevention whenever possible
- Understanding each patient in the context of the "big picture” – the patient as a person, their family and community and their ecosystem
- Demonstrating professional behaviour when interacting with patients, colleagues and staff