Our Faculty is one of the greatest assets in our Department and our Faculty Development Program aims to assist and support clinical faculty in the roles of teacher / educator, scholar / researcher, and leader.
The foci of our programming thus are grouped into three areas: The Teacher / Educator Series, The Scholar / Researcher Series and The Leader Series.
The Department of Family Medicine Faculty Development Dispatch is sent out at the start of each month, and provides details on the full scope of Faculty Development events and opportunities taking place during that month.
Mainpro+ Certified Sessions
- Central faculty development sessions scheduled monthly – you can attend these in person or via Zoom
- FacDev Dinners – we usually have 2-3 of these at various restaurants each year to facilitate an additional social networking among our faculty members
- Leadership workshops offered in partnership with London Health Sciences Centre
Recognition for Continual Participation in Faculty Development
- “FaMed” FD certificate is a formal recognition given out by our Department to those who regularly participate in our faculty development activities.
- We provide research assistance to those faculty who are interested in pursuing any scholarly projects, including quality improvement initiatives or formal research projects.
- For those faculty who are interested in additional formal education in teaching, research and the theory of family medicine, we offer a Master of Clinical Science in Family Medicine Program as well as a PhD in Family Medicine.
Archived Learning Resources
- If you miss our live sessions, you won’t totally miss out! Livestream (for sessions prior to February 2019) and Zoom provide you with access to watch past archived sessions and upcoming ones remotely. Please visit our FM Faculty Development channel on the Schulich Video on Demand site for archived footage of past sessions.
Faculty Development sessions are held from 1130 - 12:30 a.m. in Room 1120 of The Western Centre for Public Health and Family Medicine (WCPHFM), 1465 Richmond St., London, ON.
Upcoming sessions are listed below, on the Family Medicine website, as well as in the Faculty Development Dispatch.
MClSc / PhD Programs, Faculty Development
Department of Family Medicine
Western Centre for Public Health and Family Medicine, 1st Fl.
1465 Richmond Street London ON N6G 2M1
Phone: 519-661-2111 ext 80119
Dr. Eric Wong, MD, MClSc(FM), CCFP, FCFP
Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine