Internal research funding opportunities sponsored by Schulich Medicine & Dentistry
Collaborative Research Seed Grants
The Collaborative Research Seed Grants (CRSG) program will provide seed funding to foster interdisciplinary collaborative research teams. The intent is to: (1) encourage collaborations that build on different scientific and scholarly backgrounds; (2) facilitate breakthroughs in solving research questions in a collaborative manner; and (3) position Schulich researchers to successfully apply to Tri-Council or other external funding agencies.
CRSG will support:
- new collaborations between basic and clinical researchers;
- existing collaborations between basic and clinical researchers to further enhance or expand their research program; or
- faculty members from different disciplines/departments to collaborate in a new area of research or to approach a problem in an innovative way.
Grants are intended to provide seed funding to help generate novel data, initiate new intellectual directions for faculty, and foster relationships across disciplines and/or departments. Proposals must describe a definitive plan for continuing the research effort proposed once the CRSG funding ends.
Deadline: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Faculty Support for Research in Education (FSRE)
Faculty Support for Research in Education (FSRE) grants are intended to facilitate and enable scholarship in education at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. These grants are intended to support full-scale education research projects and pilot projects where there is a plan to collect preliminary data in preparation for a larger upcoming application to an external funding agency. Proposals may involve quantitative and/or qualitative approaches. Proposals for scoping reviews and meta-analyses that are eligible for scientific publication may also be submitted.
Deadline: Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Internal funding opportunities sponsored by Research Western include:
- Western Strategic Support for CIHR Success
- Western Strategic Support for NSERC Success
- Western Strategic Support for SSHRC Success
- Western Strategic Support for Research Accelerator Success
- Western Innovation Fund (WIF)
See the Research Western website for information on internal funding available through Research Western.
Academic Medical Organization of Southwestern Ontario (AMOSO)
AMOSO, the London Governance Organization that oversees the London Academic Health Science Centre (AHSC) Alternate Funding Plan (AFP) for Clinical Academic Physicians, has over $2 million available annually to allocate through its two locally peer reviewed Research Funding Competitions:
- The AMOSO Opportunities Fund is held twice annually, deadlines April 15th and September 30th. This Fund currently targets new recruits (first five years) and new roles. Awards provide for physician compensation for an approved research project 1-3 years in length.
- The AHSC AFP Provincial Innovation Fund is held annually, the local deadline is October 31st. This fund targets 1-2 year projects that could result in Clinical Innovation and that could be both translatable and scalable across the Province. Projects selected locally are submitted to the Province for final approval before the end of March each year. Physician compensation is, in general, not funded through this competition.
For high level information on both Funding Competitions please see the AMOSO Research Funding Competition Infographic. For more information on the Innovation & Opportunities Fund and access to the AMOSO website please contact AMOSO@lhsc.on.ca.