Upon Arrival in Canada
- When you land in Canada, your work permit and temporary resident visa will be issued to you by the customs official in the airport or at the border.
- You must email or fax 519.850.2492 a copy of your work permit to the PGME office.
- Contact your training program to notify them of your arrival.
- Contact the CPSO by email or phone at 416.967.2617. They will require information such as your local address and criminal record check that can only be obtained after your arrival in Canada.
- Contact the CMPA to supply your Canadian bank account information.
- Contact Medical Affairs to follow up on any outstanding hospital requirements.
- If you do not have health insurance provided by your sponsoring agency, you must sign up for health insurance through the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP); contact Western Human Resources.
- You must apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) at the London Service Canada Centre.
- Optionally you can visit Western Student Services to obtain your student ID card.
- Monitor your registration status with the University and hospital in Single Sign-On. You will not be able to begin training until all requirements have been met.
*For Saudi Cultural Bureau trainees only: provide a void cheque or direct deposit form to the PGME office for setting up your monthly living allowance.