The PGME Office offers the following sessions to enhance resident education:
ONLINE EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR RESIDENTS
To support short-term resident learning goals, there are NO COST e-learning educational opportunities easily accessible from home at no cost. There are various topics to support both academic and professional learning goals. Programs are encouraged to share these available free resources with your residents.
Canadian Medical Association, CMA
- CMA Membership is free for residents (CMA Fee Rate Link)
- List of available online free & for purchase courses (CMA Courses Link)
Institute for Healthcare Improvement, IHI
Whether you are looking for new ideas for health care improvement, want to get results in a particular area, or are ready to take your organization to a new level of performance, IHI has educational programs and trainings to help you. IHI offers virtual training, as well as online courses and other web-based education.
- Free individual registration for residents and faculty (Link to register here)
- Free online courses available
- IHI Open School online courses are FREE for individual students, residents, and faculty. Register on ihi.org
- IHI Open School with individual registration includes:
- Publications and tools
- Education videos
- This Week at IHI newsletter
- WIHI audio program
- Comment and discuss on ihi.org
- Online improvement tools
- Registration for programs and trainings
CMPA ONLINE ACADEMIC RESOURCES:
OMA ONLINE ACADEMIC HALF DAY VIRTUAL WEBINARS:
Hosting an Academic Half Day virtually with the OMA presents an opportunity to discuss some vital topics that can help support resident's personal and professional financial goals. An OMA academic event enables residents to walk away confident to make informed decisions about protecting themselves and their families throughout their careers.
Below are some of the topics that are currently being delivered to over 50 resident groups across the province:
TRANSITION TO RESIDENCY
TRANSITION TO PRACTICE
If you are interested in learning more or utilizing the community services offered by the OMA, please contact Sarah Tufts, OMA Insurance Education & Engagement Specialist.
Health Force Ontario, HFO:
Through the PracticeOntario Program, HFO offers Ontario’s medical residents career planning and transition into practice service at no cost.
Transition to Practice Support Available:
For Academic Half Days and Resident Events, HFO can deliver education sessions or participate in panel discussions virtually. Sessions are customizable, relevant to each specialty, and possible topics include:
1) Practical steps and resources for transitioning into practice Job market for each specialty
2) Job searching strategies (FT/PT/Locum) Compensation models & incentives
3) CVs & interview preparation
Individualized Resident Support Available: (Residents can book an appointment)
-Personal & Professional Practice Preferences
-Networking connections to hospitals/communities/ health care providers who are hiring
-Learn more about Ministry of Health programs and incentives
-Research job search resources, postings and evaluate practice opportunities
For more information, or to book a session, please contact:
J.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-200-4896