Support and Counselling
Help is only a phone call away. If you need to talk to someone about your problems, the following options are CONFIDENTIAL.
- The PARO 24 Hour Helpline is available for any resident, partner or medical student needing help. It is separately administered by the Distress Centre of Toronto and is totally confidential.
Phone: 1.866.435.7362 (1-866-HELP-DOC)
- Learner Equity & Wellness Office at Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry focuses on the physical, psychological and professional safety of learners, as well as supporting academic wellness and providing career guidance
- Dr. Terri Paul, Associate Dean, Learner Equity and Wellness, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry is available to discuss any issues or concerns related to equity/intimidation/professionalism and/or gender issues. Dr. Paul can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Robert Stein, Assistant Dean, Learner Equity and Wellness, Undergraduate Wellness: email@example.com
- Dr. Donald Farquhar, Assistant Dean, Learner Equity and Wellness, Postgraduate Wellness: 519.661.4234
- Ms. Pam Bere, Manager/Counsellor, Learner Equity and Wellness: 519.661.2111 x 86250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To report an issue:http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/learner-equity-wellness/equity_professionalism/reporting/residents_fellows.html
Postgraduate Medical Education Office: 519.661.2019, email@example.com
LHSC Employee Assistance Program: Homewood Human Solutions www.homewoodhumansolutions.com 1.800.265.8310
The Western University Ombudsperson: 519.661.3573, firstname.lastname@example.org