The Mandate of the PGME Committee of the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry is:
- To serve as an Advisory Committee to the Council of the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry and the Dean in the management of Postgraduate Medical Education.
- To report regularly to the Council of the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. (It is understood that the Committee will take recommendations regarding policy changes to the Council of the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry)
- To stimulate, promote and develop excellence in Postgraduate Medical Education at Western University and its Affiliated Teaching Hospitals and distributed education sites.
- To establish common educational policies for Postgraduate Medical Education at the Teaching Hospitals and other clinical teaching sites of Western University.
- To establish Faculty wide educational resources and support for generic competencies, particularly in the realm of teaching and evaluating the CanMEDS roles.
- To assist in the preparation of programs for accreditation surveys from the RCPSC and the CFPC.
- To coordinate and review regular surveys and evaluations of all Postgraduate Medical Education Programs at Western.
- To assist Program Directors in the evaluation of trainees for the RCPSC (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada) and the CFPC (College of Family Physicians of Canada).
The PGME Committee is scheduled to meet ten times a year. The Agenda and Minutes of the Committee are to be circulated to all Western Program Directors and Executive Directors of London’s and Windsor’s major Teaching Hospitals.
- Dean, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry (ex-officio)
- Vice Dean, Education (ex-officio)
- Vice Dean, Hospital & Interfaculty Relations (ex-officio)
- Associate Dean, Windsor (ex-officio)
- Associate Dean, Postgraduate Medical Education, who will act as Chair
- Associate Dean, Undergraduate Medical Education (ex-officio)
- Associate Dean, Learner Equity & Wellness (ex-officio)
- Associate Dean, Continuing Professional Development (ex-officio)
- Assistant Dean, Rural & Regional Medicine (ex-officio)
- Assistant Dean, Admissions (ex-officio)
- Postgraduate Director of Wellness (ex-officio)
- All Program Directors of Specialty and Subspecialty and Family Medicine training programs One representative of the Vice President (Medical Affairs) of St. Joseph’s Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre.
- Two representatives of the Residents
- One representative of the International Sponsored Residents (ISR)
Agendas & Minutes
Approved UWO:PGE Committee, May 9, 2007
Revised: August 8, 2012