The Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) Committee is a standing committee of the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry and is responsible for supporting the Associate Dean, PGME, in the planning, organization and evaluation of all aspects of residency education for:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) residency and Areas of Focused Competence (AFC) programs, and
- College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) residency and enhanced skills programs.
The Committee terms of reference can be found here.
The PGME Committee is scheduled to meet ten times per year from September to June. The Agenda and Minutes of the Committee are circulated to all PGME Committee members.
- Dean, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry (ex-officio)
- Vice Dean, Faculty Affairs (ex-officio)
- Chair of the Clinical Chairs or delegate (ex-officio)
- Associate Dean, Windsor (ex-officio)
- Associate Dean, Postgraduate Medical Education, who will act as Chair
- Associate Dean, Undergraduate Medical Education (ex-officio)
- Associate Dean, Learner Equity & Wellness (ex-officio)
- Associate Dean, Continuing Professional Development (ex-officio)
- Assistant Dean, Rural & Regional Medicine (ex-officio)
- Assistant Dean, Admissions (ex-officio)
- Manager, Postgraduate Medical Educatio (ex-officio)
- Director, CBME Implementation
- Program Directors of RCPSC and CFPC-accredited training programs including Surgical Foundations
- Program Directors of the RCPSC-accredited Area of Focused Competence (AFC) programs
- Integrated Vice President Medical and Academic Affairs
- One Program Administrator representative
- Two resident representatives selected by Schulich PARO
- One representative of the International Sponsored Residents (ISR)
Agendas & Minutes