International Students: The Schulich Visiting Student Electives Program has closed electives to International schools for the 2014-15 academic year. Please check the Undergraduate Medical Education website for more information.
If you are a visiting student interested in a Family Medicine elective:
- Apply to the Schulich Visiting Student Electives program directly. We will not accept electives that have been set-up outside of this process or confirmed directly by the student with a faculty member. Students need to follow the policies and procedures of the Schulich Visiting Student Electives office site above before they can be considered for an elective with our Department.
- The Schulich Visiting Student Electives Program will send an official request to the Family Medicine Program Coordinator once the application has been approved.
- You will be sent an email from the Program Coordinator with an outline of the process and your available community choices as soon as the official request is received. Visiting Students can choose from any of our communities listed on our Community Sites page. This includes London, rural/regional or our academic centres.
- Reply to email with your preferences as soon as possible, so you don't lose your spot in priority sequence. The Program Coordinator will send requests to our faculty on your behalf based on your preferences. Please note you may not receive a final confirmation until up to four weeks before your start date. Each request normally takes four to eight weeks to process. Any electives that are booked by the student directly with a faculty member, may not be approved or funded.
- The Program Coordinator will send you a tentative confirmation email that you will need to review and reply to within seven days. At that time, the elective will be confirmed and students will be asked to follow-up with the Visiting Student Electives office for further requirements to make the elective official.