Application and Requirements
Eligibility Requirements for Canadian and International Medical Graduates
- Candidates must possess a medical degree from a University recognized by the Medical Council of Canada (MCC)
- Candidates must have completed an anesthesia residency that is recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- International Medical Graduates do not need to write additional exams, but must be approved by the PGE Office at Western University
- English Language Requirement for IMGs: TOEFL-iBT required to achieve an overall score of no less than 93 with a minimum score of 24 in speaking; IELTS required to achieve a minimum score of 7 in each category.
- All non-Canadian trained anesthesiologists will be required to pass an assessment period taking place over the first 4 - 8 weeks in order to continue with the fellowship (‘PEAP’ – Pre-entry assessment period).
Applications to the Fellowship Programs must include the following:
- Letter of Intent and Specific Subspecialty (1)
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Reference
- UWO Anesthesia Fellowship Application Questionnaire Form
- English Language Requirement: TOEFL-iBT required to achieve an overall score of no less than 93 with a minimum score of 24 in speaking; IELTS required to achieve a minimum score of 7 in each category.
Please forward all documents to:
Fellowship Program Administrator
Department of Anesthesia & Perioperative Medicine
London Health Sciences Centre - University Hospital, C3-108
339 Windermere Road
London, Ontario Canada N6A 5A5
Phone: 519.685.8500 ext. 33384
Available Fellowship Positions
|Now accepting applications for Fellowships
commencing June 1 2022