Call for Abstracts: Dr. Robert Zhong Department of Surgery Research Day
Outstanding Researcher in the Department of Surgery
The Department of Surgery Research Day was named in honour of Dr. Robert Zhong, a brilliant scientist and colleague who passed away in 2006. The 2017 Department of Surgery Research Day will be held on Friday, June 23, 2017.
As part of the day there will be three podium presentation sessions to showcase the exceptional quality of research carried out by our clinical and academic faculty. All abstracts will be blind peer reviewed and scored by members of the Research Committee. Authors with abstracts scoring sufficiently high will be notified the first week of April and will be invited to give an 8 minute talk followed by a 2 minute question and answer period.
Abstract Submissions are open to:
- All clinicians and scientists in the Department of Surgery
Abstracts are due by Monday, February 27, 2017 and are to be submitted via email to: Janice Sutherland
Please submit your abstract in the following format:
- Abstract should be formatted in 11 point, Arial font, single-spaced
- Maximum number of words: 250
- First Line: Title in Bold
- Second Line: Author(s) [i.e. Smith J, Turtle M]
- Third Line: Departmental Division
- Fourth Line: Blank
- Fifth Line: Begin Abstract [Background, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusions]
- Abstracts must be text based only
The day includes a poster competition for both basic science and clinical research, and is open to residents, fellows, and graduate students. All abstracts will be blind reviewed and scored by members of the Department of Surgery Research Committee. Poster presenters will be required to give a 2 minute presentation on their research followed by a three minute question and answer period during the judging process. The best poster presentation in each category will receive an award at the conclusion of Research Day. Abstract submission details for the poster competition are available below.
- Call for Abstracts - Poster Presentations (PDF, 200KB )