Clinical Investigator Program
THE CIP APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, JANUARY 6, 2020
The Clinical Investigator Program (CIP) at Schulich Medicine & Dentistry is a Royal College program for residents that provides a research-rich training environment. The Program is intended for residents who have not yet completed their residency and provides the opportunity to complete a graduate degree accompanied with specialized research training. The intent is that residents will complete their core years and then enter the CIP.
Residents in the CIP must be in a graduate program offered through one of the basic science departments at Schulich Medicine & Dentistry. During the program, which is normally two years, residents will pursue research through their graduate program and as well, will participate in a research seminar series focused on the development of clinical investigators.
- The CIP is accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- The CIP provides a training option which provides early integration of clinical and research training that is an attractive option for research minded individuals.
- The CIP supports 24 months of continuous research training.
- Retroactive recognition of research activities is NOT permitted.
- There are 2 - 4 spots available in the program each year.
Deadline for applications: Monday, January 6, 2020
Contact Email: email@example.com
Program Administrator: Stacey Bastien
Program Director: Jim Lewis, MD, FRCPC