Illness and Injury Reporting
- COVID FAQs for Meds 2022 and 2023 (August 20, 2021)
- COVID FAQS for Meds 2024 and 2025 (August 20, 2021)
At times, due to the nature of the profession they are training for and the tools they are using, learners may find themselves in need of support for an injury they have sustained in the course of treating a patient.
There are slightly different needlestick protocols in place depending on which learner group you belong to. We know that this can be a worrisome time for anyone. If you need someone to talk to, please give the office a call; we are here to help. Please follow the links below to figure out your next steps, according to your learner group:
- Dentistry students
- Windsor campus students
- Pre-clinical medical students (London)
- Clerkship and elective students (London)
- Residents (London)
Forms required for reporting:
- Letter of Authorization
- Accident/Incident Report: provided by hospital
- Accident/Illness/Incident (AII) Reporting Form & Investigation Report
The Workplace Safety & Insurance Board may cover students who are injured while completing unpaid work placements required as part of their education. The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities has issued the following guidelines to ensure that students are covered on the Wilfrid Laurier University Website.