Palliative Care Journal Club
You are invited to attend the 2021-2022 Palliative Care Journal Club
Presenter: Kathleen Milne, MD CCFP (PC)
Presentation: Early Integrative Palliative Care for Patients with Heart Failure: When is the “Right” Time to Refer to Palliative Care?
Date: December 8, 2021
Time: 8:30-9:30 a.m.
Presented Via Zoom videoconferencing
Please R.S.V.P. to Jenn Verhoeven at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To look at current challenges that exist for palliative care and heart failure patients.
- To critically appraise the article: Chang, Yuchieh Kathryn, et al. "Referral criteria to palliative care for patients with heart failure: a systematic review." Circulation: Heart Failure 13.9 (2020): e006881.
- To explore ways in which we can improve referral and access to palliative care for heart failure patients.
Our process to receive MAINPRO+ credits has changed as follows: In order to have your attendance recorded, please email email@example.com.
25% interaction will be included in each session.
Overall Learning Objectives for 2021-2022 Palliative Care Journal Club:
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Review and critically appraise timely journal articles and practice guidelines in palliative medicine.
- Examine pertinent literature and link it to clinical experience.
- Evaluate advances in palliative medicine.