Family Medicine Obstetrics Grand Rounds – Prenatal Genetic Screening in Ontario
Join us for Family Medicine Obstetrics Grand Rounds on Thursday, March 11, 2021 to be held via ZOOM from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
Ioana Miron, MSc, MSc, CGC, CCGCl, Genetic Counsellor Prenatal Screening Ontario, BORN Ontario, will present, "Prenatal Genetic Screening in Ontario."
By providing primary care obstetrics providers a forum for knowledge transference, discussion and critical appraisal, at the end of the Family Medicine Obstetrics Grand Rounds program participants will:
- Comprehend pertinent and relevant clinical practice knowledge and guidelines for primary care obstetrics practitioners including a forum for discussion and critical appraisal;
- Comprehend obstetrics research in order to promote best practice in primary care obstetrics; and
- Comprehend new policies and review existing policies from the national to the institutional level that impact the clinical practice of primary care obstetrics.
Learning objectives of these Grand Rounds:
- Compare the timing, components and performance of the different prenatal genetic screening modalities in Ontario;
- Identify which prenatal genetic screening tests to offer depending on clinical circumstances; and
- Summarize the temporary prenatal genetic screening guidelines implemented in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
25% interaction will be included (Q&A)
Location: ZOOM meeting (no on location participation)
***an electronic appointment with ZOOM details has been sent to your calendar***
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by Continuing Professional Development, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University for up to 4.0 Mainpro+ credits. Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent participating in the educational program.
This program has no commercial support.
Supported by the Citywide Department of Family Medicine and Department of Family Medicine