Fall/Winter Course Registration
- check the Academic Calendar to make sure that you have the prerequisites for the courses that you wish to take
- check the BMSc website (Access to Courses) for the constraint charts and the chart of reserved spaces for 4000-level basic medical science courses to see if you stand a good chance of getting into basic medical science courses for which you have the prerequisite
- special permission is not granted by basic medical science departments to waive the priorities or restrictions
- review the online Fall/Winter Academic Timetable to see which courses are offered and in which term
- the timetable has been finalized and if a course doesn't appear, it's not offered during the upcoming year
- use the new "Draft my Schedule" tool under Western Links in Student Center to create your conflict-free timetable and then transfer your classes to your Course Enrollment Worksheet in Student Center (Planning > My Planner) to get ready for registration
- register for all of your courses in one transaction using the Course Enrollment Worksheet in Student Center (Planning > My Planner) at your stated enrollment date/time (your enrollment date/time will be posted in Student Center a few days before the first day of registration for students in your year)
- DO NOT register for your courses one at a time!
- review the Step by Step Guide to Registration for additional information about adding/dropping/swapping courses
- manage your expectations for course registration - you can't always get what you want!
- have a Plan A and a Plan B for registration
- Year 4 students: please do not register for more 4000-level basic medical science courses than they need (other people might not get what they want if you take too many 4000-level courses)
- please do not register for courses that you have no intention of taking but you wish to hold a spot for a friend - this behaviour is unprofessional
- follow the steps about requesting special permission if you want to see about registering for a course without the prerequisite or despite a timetable conflict
- special permission is not granted by basic medical science departments to waive the priorities or restrictions (constraints)
Enrollment dates/times to register for Fall/Winter courses are posted in Student Center a few days before students in a particular year begin to register.
Your enrollment date/time is the first time that web registration for Fall/Winter courses becomes available to you. Online registration will remain open past the dates indicated below but you should register for your courses as soon as online registration becomes available to you. Register for both first-term (Fall) and second-term (Winter) courses when your enrollment date/time arrives.
Enrollment shuts down on July 19 at 11:59 p.m. (midnight) and re-opens on July 20. Your enrollment date will therefore show a start date and an end date of July 19 at 11:59 p.m. Don't worry about this as all students receive a new enrollment date/time on July 20.
Enrollment dates/times for students in each year will fall between the dates below. Your enrollment date/time will be generated at random and cannot be changed.
- Year 4 Students - June 19 - 22, 2018
- Year 3 Students - July 3 - 6, 2018
- Year 2 Students - July 10 - 13, 2018
Students in Year 1 have access to online registration beginning June 16, 2018. See Course Selection for Year 1 for more information about Summer Academic Orientation and course registration for students in Medical Sciences First Entry.
Other important dates:
- Priorities (and reserved spaces) lift on July 20, 2018 and students will be assigned new enrollment times for July 20th.