The BMSUE Office is working virtually:
Please note that the Academic Counselling Office for Science and Basic Medical Science students (not the BMSUE Office) is responsible for queries about struggling with University adjustment, the impact of course selection and academic performance on eligibility for modules and degrees, accommodation for missed coursework, etc.
The BMSUE Coordinator (Kathy Boon) is available to students via:
- email (send from uwo email accounts to firstname.lastname@example.org (include student number)
- virtual appointments (see below for booking information)
Types of queries for the BMSUE Coordinator (Kathy Boon) include:
- general information about the BMSc Program and the modules offered within BMSc
- questions about access to basic medical science courses (priorities, restrictions, reserved spaces)
- issues about registration for basic medical science courses
- advice about which modules to select during Intent to Register
- eligibility to graduate (BMSc and Neuroscience programs, only)
Virtual appointments are available with Kathy Boon (BMSUE Coordinator) using Zoom.
Note: students registering in Medical Sciences 1 for 2021/22 are not to book Zoom meetings with Kathy Boon. These students should direct questions to Academic Counselling for Science and Basic Medical Science students via their Help Portal.
To view Kathy's availability and/or book a 15-minute appointment, go HERE. Please note that:
- student number and uwo email address must be provided when booking an appointment
- appointments must be booked at least 24 hours in advance
- no more than one appointment may be booked for any given day
- the time/zone must be set to Canada/Eastern when booking an appointment.
Details about your virtual (Zoom) appointment:
- you will receive an email message from Kathy Boon the day before your appointment with the specific link (and passcode) for the Zoom meeting/appointment
- if you are not in the meeting by five minutes after the scheduled start time (or when Kathy arrives in the meeting if she is running late), then the meeting will be cancelled
- the booking system does not allow you to reschedule an existing appointment - you will need to decline or cancel an existing appointment and book another appointment.
Prospective students who are considering applying to Western and are looking for general information about the BMSc Program should contact the Manager for BMSUE (Sarah Smith-Periard).