Hi! Thanks for checking us out today! The Diabetes Team at the Children’s Hospital knows it’s tough being a kid and managing diabetes.
After you’ve learned how to test your blood
• Want to meet Coco the monkey? She has diabetes too. Here are some cool books about Coco and how she manages her diabetes, with the help of her parents and her diabetes team!
• Click here to see some videos that explain diabetes and how insulin works in our bodies:
• Play some diabetes games, test yourself with carb counting and making good choices about your diabetes and your health.
• Lenny the Lion has some cool colouring pages and activities you can try, check him out here:
What can YOU do??
Contact the local JDRF. London,
1. Be the captain of your own team in the Walk to Cure Diabetes
2. Ask what you can do to fundraise at school, through your church, or local community centre
Visit the Banting Museum located in London, and learn about how insulin was discovered:
Send us a story!
Bring a short story about “success you’ve had with managing your diabetes”, or “tips or advice you’d like to share with others” to your next clinic appointment. Or ask your Mom or Dad to email a team member. The Diabetes team will share some of them (without sharing your name) right here in Kids Corner!
Have you heard about the Diabetes ALL STAR wall?
The Pediatric Diabetes Team wants to say congratulations to people that have met and continue to meet goals along the way!
If you meet the goal we have assigned for that month, you get to put your name on an ‘
Want to meet other kids or teens that do the same stuff you do to manage diabetes? Diabetes Camp runs every year, with locations all over Ontario – and Canada! Ask your team about it, or visit this link to learn more: http://www.dcamps.ca/Home.aspx
Ask your team social worker about the Bravery Bead program at the hospital. Collect beads on a necklace for attending
Visit the Paediatric Family Resource Centre
Location: Zone B, 1st Floor, Room 006 (B1-006), Children’s Hospital
Check out books, DVD’s or pick up out Diabetes in School kit!