Research and Training
The London Regional Cancer Program (LRCP) is very active in research and teaching. Our research program is run as a Department of Oncology, Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, Western University, and through the Lawson Health Research Institute where cancer is a major research theme.
Training Scientists, Medical Students and Oncologists, Physicists, Radiation Therapists and Oncology related health professionals are key components of our academic cancer program.
Our scientists and clinicians conduct research into the basic biology of cancer, study radiation physics and also conduct clinical trials for new cancer interventions.
We are developing strong translational, disease and patient based, research and cancer imaging teams at the following institutes and centres:
- Robarts Research Institute
- Schulich Medicine & Dentistry Research Office
- London Health Sciences Centre
- St. Joseph's Health Care London
- Children's Health Research Institute
- Lawson Health Research Institute