TUTOR-PHC is now accepting applications
TUTOR-PHC or Transdisciplinary Understanding and Training on Research – Primary Health Care is a one-year, pan-Canadian interdisciplinary research capacity building program that has been training primary and integrated health care researchers and decision-makers from family medicine, nursing, psychology, epidemiology, social work, occupational therapy, education, policy and many other disciplines since 2003.
** note there are limited (up to $10 000 each) fellowships for Ontario trainees **
This innovative one-year certificate program (May 2018 – April 2019) in primary health care research skills and interdisciplinary theory and processes includes:
- An on-site Symposium in the Spring of 2018
- Two 3 week online research skill development workshops
- Two 7-8 week online interdisciplinary discussion groups
Who is accepted to TUTOR-PHC?
- Community Based Primary Health Care (CBPHC) Team trainees*
- SPOR Primary and Integrated Health Care Innovations (PIHCI) Network trainees*
- Graduate students and post-doctoral fellows from Canadian Universities
- Mid-career clinicians and Decision-makers
*All qualified phc researchers are invited and encouraged to apply. CBPHC Team and PIHCI Network trainees from Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia will be given preference, however TUTOR-PHC selects its trainees via an open competition.