Celebrating your achievements
Fred Ross, Manager, Undergraduate Medical Education, is a 2019 recipient of the Western Awards of Excellence, the highest honour for staff member achievement. He is recognized for creating an energized workplace that encourages productivity, success and work/life balance.
Dr. Vivian McAlister received the 2019 Canadian Society of Transplantation (CST) Lifetime Achievement Award.
Drs. Heather Mackenzie and Javeed Sukhera were named to London Inc. Magazine's Top 20 Under 40. The honour is given to young leaders making a difference in the community.
Dr. Amit Garg has been re-appointed the Dr. Adam Linton Chair in Kidney Health Analytics at Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, effective until September 30, 2024.
Michael Iacocca, MSc’19, was awarded a Governor General’s Gold Medal, recognizing outstanding scholarly achievement.
Dr. Ruth Lanius is the recipient of the 2019 Banting Award for Military Health Research from the Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research.
Terry Peters, PhD, was awarded the 2019 Gold Medal from the Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists, recognizing his significant contribution to the field of medical physics.
Kara Ruicci, MD/PhD Candidate, was named to Business London’s 20 in Their 20s list.
Several researchers from Schulich Medicine & Dentistry were acknowledged with annual WORLDiscoveries Vanguard Awards, which highlight business achievements such as securing patents or licensing technology.
- Steven Laviolette, PhD, Associate Professor, and Marta De Felice, Postdoctoral Fellow
- Gyoung Kim, PhD, Research Associate, Kunyu Wu, PhD, Research Associate and Hwayong An, PhD, Research Associate
- Caroline Schild-Poulter, PhD, Associate Professor, Scientist at Robarts Research Institute
- Maria Drangova, PhD, Professor, Scientist at Robarts Research Institute, Dr. Allan Skanes, Professor and Daniel Gelman, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow at Robarts Research Institute
- Gregor Reid, PhD, Professor, Jeremy Burton, PhD, Assistant Professor, Jordan Bisanz, PhD’15 and Marc Monochese, MSc’12
- Aaron Ward, PhD, Assistant Professor, Sarah Mattonen, PhD, Assistant Professor and Dr. David Palma, Assistant Professor
Internal Graduate Awards
Congratulations to the following recipients of the 2019 Internal Graduate Awards:
- Collip Medal Award: Nikolas Knowles, PhD, EIT
- Cobban Student Award in Heart and Stroke Research: Julieta Lazarte, MD/PhD Candidate
- Madge and Charles Macklin Fellowship for Teaching and Research in Medical Sciences: Matthew Berg, PhD Candidate
- Madge and Charles Macklin Fellowship for Publication in Medical Sciences: Nivin Nystrom, PhD Candidate
- Jonathan & Joshua Memorial Graduate Scholarship in Mental Health Research: Faraj Haddad, PhD Candidate, Ornela Kljakic, PhD Candidate, Braeden Terpou, PhD Candidate, Krystyna Wieczerzak, PhD Candidate
- Jonathan & Joshua Memorial Graduate Travel Scholarship: Kaela Scott, PhD Candidate
- Nellie Farthing Fellowship in Medical Sciences: Saumik Biswas, PhD Candidate, Rachel Eddy, PhD Candidate, Zachary Hawley, PhD Candidate
- Norman E. Nixon Marie Rämö Nixon Award: Jacqueline Dron, PhD Candidate
- Morris Kroll Award: Steven Gameiro, PhD Candidate