Discover Epidemiology and Biostatistics
The risk factors for stroke and dementia are the same, and a growing body of evidence demonstrates that preventing stroke can also prevent some dementias. Now, a group of experts led by Western University Professor and Cross-Appointee with Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Dr. Vladimir Hachinski, are calling on the global community to come together to take action on preventing dementia by preventing stroke.
- Partnership brings hope to epilepsy patients in Peru
- London scientists key players in national dementia strategy
- Announcement: Shehzad Ali, PhD, named a CRC (Tier 2) in Public Health Economics.
- News: London neurologist helps pen international dementia prevention guidelines
- Awards: Congratulations to the H.O.P.E. Award Recipient, Kathy Nixon Speechley, PhD
- Bacterial communities and HIV: How the penile microbiome influences transmission