Discover Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Janet Martin, Associate Professor at Western University's Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry (including the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics), is part of the CovidSurg Collaborative which includes researchers working together from around the world. The team found patients undergoing cancer surgery had better outcomes when their operation and hospital care took place in ‘COVID-19 free’ areas.
- Funding: Researchers receive a multi-million dollar injection of funding through CIHR
- Funding: Researchers using modelling techniques to improve pandemic outcomes
- Funding: Youth vaping problem nets research dollars
- Research News: Poor sleep linked to multiple chronic conditions
- Funding: CIHR funding for COVID-19 project led by Maria Mathews, PhD
- Feature: What strategies need to be implemented in order to curb the spread early for future outbreaks?