A variety of guidelines must be followed and procedures in place to ensure that purchasing proceed smoothly and without error. Please be familiar with all regulations prior to making any purchases.
Mustang Market is Western's web-based eProcurement solution for sourcing and purchasing. Products can be sourced and purchased from Western contracted suppliers who showcase their products and pricing electronically using the marketplace; or can be purchased from non-contracted suppliers using various purchasing forms found in the marketplace.
The VISA Purchasing Card (P-Card) allows you to obtain your goods quickly and pay for them immediately while providing you the flexibility to make purchases at your convenience. The P-card may be used at authorized vendors who accepts VISA and there is no cost to you. It is a good alternative to petty cash or a purchase order for your low dollar purchases.
A variety of couriers ship items to and from Western on a daily basis, and a variety of policies and procedures surround the shipment of these items. All hazardous shipments must use FedEx.
FedEx Courier Packages
- FedEX courier forms (Domestic & International) are now completed on-line.
- Please contact Ray Williamson firstname.lastname@example.org or 519.661.2111 x. 88120 to register
- Packages must be dropped off at the Dental Stores (DSB 0037) before 2:30 p.m. daily
- Packages are picked up twice daily - late morning and late afternoon from the Dental Stores (DSB 0037) and delivered promptly to the researcher's lab
- For all shipments leaving the University to designations outside Canada
- Properly completed custom paperwork ensures for minimal delays at, or rejection and return by, foreign Customs Offices
- Visit Western Procurement Services for information and assistance with Exporting Goods.