Mission and Vision
The Mission of the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology is to carry out world-class scientific research and evidence-based teaching, expanding on our track record of innovation and excellence in both research and teaching.
The Vision of the Department is to be a top-ranked research-intensive academic Department in the disciplines of Physiology and Pharmacology in Canada, and beyond.
- the highest standards of scientific research and teaching
- leadership in innovation in research and teaching
- free and extensive exchange of ideas through collaboration and collegiality
- maximizing the impact of our research and teaching through communication
- participation in a culture of collective responsibility for the quality and conduct of our graduate and undergraduate training programs
- fostering and contributing to an esprit de corps that respects individual differences and needs
- effective mentoring and ongoing career development for all Department members throughout their careers
- principles of openness, collective management and ethical behaviour