My six-word story
LAST BOOK READ
Astrophysics for People in a Hurry – Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Most memorable training experience in medicine:
- "Geriatric outreach with Dr. Noel Laporte at St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital. Without a doubt, the most fun I’ve ever had on rotation, while acquiring clinical and practical knowledge that I know I will carry with me for the rest of my career."
- Doctor of Medicine, American University of Integrative Sciences (formerly University of Sint Eustatius)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences, Western University
- Favourite interest or hobby: Reading the news, watching "The Office", travelling; above all, spending time with my family and friends
- My most played song: "Maria, Maria" by Juelz Santana or "Danza Kuduro" by Don Omar
- Can't live without: My sister
- Something I've learned that's stuck with me: The awful reality of climate change; our role in perpetuating it, how countries that contribute to it the most aren't really doing anything about it (or don't believe it to be real) and how quickly it is happening. We are killing our only home.
Say it in Six
Inspired by the legendary Ernest Hemingway example, “For sale: baby shoes, never worn,” the six-word story is a creative challenge to simplify ideas, spark conversation and inspire action.