Urology Resident Travel Awards
Past Travel Grant Award Winners:
2019-2020 No travel re: Covid19
2018-2019 Wen Yan Xie, Jeff Law, Ernest Chan
2017-2018 Nahid Punjani, Roderick Clark
2016-2017 Melissa Huynh, Nahid Punjani, Wen Yan Xie
2015-2016 Jeffrey Campbell, David Mikhail, Roderick Clark
2014-2015 Jeffrey Campbell, Justin Kwong
GUIDELINES FOR THE DIVISION OF UROLOGY RESIDENT TRAVEL AWARD
- All urology residents, regardless of PGY level, are eligible to receive this award.
- The research must have been carried out by the resident and accepted for presentation as a podium or a moderated poster at a national or international meeting. An un-moderated poster session would not be subject to support.
- The application must be made to the Division Office prior to the second Friday of March. Applications submitted after the meeting has finished will not be considered.
- Priority will be given to residents who have not previously received a travel award in the past two years. Award will not be considered for residents presenting the same research at multiple conferences.
- Once all awards have been granted, no further awards will be available until the next academic year.
- There will be no carry forward of unused funding in a given year to a future year.
- Accepted abstract for the research, including the acceptance letter detailing the nature of the presentation format
- Details regarding the name, date and location of the meeting
- A one-page outline of the proposed manuscript including the following sections: introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion and a brief list of references
- Letter of support from the supervisor. If the applicant is a medical student working with a Faculty member, the Faculty member must provide justification as to why there are no other funds to support the student to attend the conference.
Upon 30 days of returning from the conference, resident must submit the following:
- 250 word description of what they learned from the meeting
- Travel expense form with original receipts flights/mileage, accommodation and meals
Personal costs such as entertainment expenses will not be reimburseWhen meeting expenses were incurred in the US or foreign currency, currency conversion should be performed using rates obtained at:
If a cash advance is needed to cover certain expenses before the meeting, please contact the Program Director to discuss.