Student Research Projects
Read Dr Dawna Gilchrist's "It's All in How You Frame the Question" e-Network post, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, to see how medical students can approach the history of medicine.
Resources for Medical Students Interested in Pursuing a History of Medicine Project
- Developing a History of Medicine Project (PDF, 63KB)
- Possible Research Topics (PDF, 45KB)
- Sample Abstract for a History of Medicine Paper (PDF, 68KB)
Read Prof Jacalyn Duffin’s advice to medical students for conducting historical research:
- Sleuthing and Science: How to Research a Question in Medical History (PDF, 658KB)
- Mirror images: History Research & Medical Practice (PDF, 35KB)
Review information from Osler Society Presidents:
- Tackling a History of Medicine Research Project (PDF, 1MB)
- Grants for History of Medicine (PDF, 43KB)
Interested in reading about past Schulich Medicine student projects in the history of medicine?
Check out past History of Medicine Colloquium event programs and abstract booklets from recent years (read more here).