10 quick tips for spotting phishing emails
In the never ending world of email, phishing attempts have unfortunately become the norm. So how do you tell the difference between a phishing message and a legitimate message?
Below are 10 tips to help you spot a phising attempt.
- The message contains a mismatched URL
- URLs contain a misleading domain name
- The message contains poor spelling and grammar
- The message asks for personal information
- The offer seems too good to be true
- You didn't initiate the action
- You're asked to send money to cover expenses
- The message makes unrealistic threats
- The message appears to be from a government agency
- Something just doesn't look right
Tips courtesy of TechRepublic. View the full article here.