Announcements and updates from our alumni community:
- Drs. Donna Green, DDS’79, and Arthur Worth, DDS’78, received the Service Award from the Ontario Dental Association in 2015.
- Drs. Kevin Fung, Sheri-Lynn Kane and Cyrus Hsia have been selected to receive the Canadian Association for Medical Education (CAME) Certificate of Merit Award for 2016.
- Congratulations to Grace Parraga, MSc'86, PhD, Department of Medical Biophysics, and Stefan Everling, PhD, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, on being selected as two of Western University's 2016 Faculty Scholars.
- Dr. Hugh Allen, MD’48, received the Order of Ontario for his more than six decades of commitment to the field of medicine.
- Dr. Richard Meen, MD'63, judges the 2016 best-in-show competition at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show at Madison Square Garden.
- Dr. Amit Bagga, MD'95, has been elected as President of the Essex County Medical Society for 2016.
- Alan Rigby, PhD'95, has been appointed as Chief Scientific Officer of Warp Drive Bio, a pharmaceutical company in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Dr. Adam Lubus, DDS'15, writes self-help book Are You Socially Awkward? on chair-side manner for dentists struggling to engage with patients.
- Heather Gillis, MSc'10, is a recipient of the 2016 Angela Armitt Award for Excellence in Teaching by Part-Time Faculty.