As a Western graduate student, you have access to an abundance of quality professional development opportunities, which make it simple for you to self-direct your learning and development, maximize the value of your degree, and ease your career transition.
Graduates from the Department of Medical Biophysics typically pursue careers in the following avenues:
- Academia as professors/scientists
- Scientists in industrial research and development
- Clinical medical physicists
- Medical school, to pursue careers as clinician scientists
- Law school, to pursue legal careers intersecting with technical specialization (e.g. patent law pertaining to biophysics inventions)
- Specialist developers in industry