Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University is a part of the Integrated Medical Education unit of the Dean’s Office. CPD is led academically by the Associate Dean CPD who reports to the Vice Dean, Medical Education. Administratively, the unit is led by the Manager CPD, who reports to the Director, Medical Education.
CPD facilitates faculty development programs and resources for medical, dental and basic medical sciences faculty located in London, Windsor Program and Distributed Academies. CPD also develops and delivers continuing medical education programs for health care professionals located throughout Southwestern Ontario and across Canada through small group face-to-face workshops and online modules.
CPD is governed by two committees: The CPD Advisory Committee and the CPD Leads & Directors Committee. More information
A number of policies, procedures and frameworks govern the operations of CPD including:
- Continuing Professional Development policies More information
- Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME) Accreditation Standards More information
- Policy and Guidelines for Interactions between Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry and Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, Medical/Dental Supply, and Research Equipment Supplies Industry More information
- National Standard for Support of Accredited CPD Activities More information
- Mainpro+® (Maintenance of Proficiency) framework of the College of Family Physicians of Canada More information
- MOC (Maintenance of Certification) framework of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada More information
- Canadian Medical Association (CMA) Guidelines for physicians in interactions with industry (2007) More information
- Western University's Policies and Procedures More information