Vision, Mission, Goals and Values
We are the Centre for Studies in Family Medicine. Our research transforms the health and care of patients, providers and the population.
To conduct, foster, disseminate, implement excellent interdisciplinary research in family medicine, primary care, health systems and community health.
In our work together, we:
• Appreciate interdisciplinarity
• Support and respect each other
• Collaborate both within and outside the family medicine and primary care realm
In our research, we:
• Adhere to accepted standards of ethical conduct
• Promote continuity of care
• Support evidence-informed patient-centred care
• Encourage coordinated, efficient, and collaborative interprofessional care
• Aim to improve family practice and patient care
• Focus on the whole person and their context including family
• Address the needs of defined populations
• Develop new and improved methods of inquiry