PLA Prep Course Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
RECORDING AND PHOTOGRAPHY OF ANY KIND IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Failure to comply may result in immediate expulsion from the course, without refund.
Western University Covid-19 Vaccination Policy (effective September 2021) : To Attend in person PLA Prep clinic sessions and the PLA Exam, it is mandatory to provide us with your proof of vaccination along with your government ID.
To participate in this course, you must have received an invitation from the ITD Program Admission department confirming that your application to the ITD Program is complete. You must have your registration number when registering on-line.
Lectures are asynchronous and online and will be released weekly beginning November 15, 2021. A short assessment must be completed and submitted to CDE within two weeks of having access to the lectures.
Basic Sciences - Asynchronous online lectures
Approximately 9 hours released every week. Total of 36 hours.
Released week of Nov 15, Nov 22, Nov 29, Dec 6, 2021
Operative Dentistry - Asynchronous online lectures
9 hours released week of Jan 3, 2022
9 hours released week of Jan 17, 2022
All pre-clinical sessions are from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Cohort A - Pre-Clinical Sessions:
Saturday, January 22, 2022
Sunday, January 23, 2022
Saturday, January 29, 2022
Sunday, January 30, 2022
Tuesday, March 15, 2022
Wednesday, March 16, 2022
Cohort B - Pre-Clinical Sessions:
Saturday, February 5, 2022
Sunday, February 6, 2022
Saturday, February 12, 2022
Sunday, February 13, 2022
Saturday, March 12, 2022
Sunday, March 13, 2022
You will be given the option to register for your preferred cohort dates on a first-come basis. However, Schulich Dentistry reserves the right to re-allocate participants due to circumstances beyond our control. You may be required to be flexible and move cohort dates if necessary. No requests to switch dates.
Lectures will be delivered asynchronous and online. Pre-clinical sessions will be held at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University, 1151 Richmond Street, London, ON, N5A 5C1. Full directions and parking information will be provided closer to the beginning of the course.
80% mandatory attendance is required to successfully complete this course. You must inform the CDE office in writing if you will be absent. Please email us at CDE@schulich.uwo.ca. Failure to successfully complete this course will void your invitation to the Schulich Dentistry Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Exam.
$8,549 + HST. A deposit of $4,000 is due upon registration. The final balance is due before October 25, 2021.
There is a $350 administration fee for any cancellation. No refunds issued after October 25, 2021.
- Government issued photo ID
- Paper or laptop to take notes, pens/pencils
- Clinic attire (for pre-clinical sessions) - scrubs and clean closed-toe shoes
- Safety glasses (for pre-clinical sessions). Loupes are optional.
- Dentoform (front, back, top and side photos)
PRO2001-UL-UP-DP-OB (200) 32-tooth, (GUB) Uretane Gums with Metal Plates & OCC attached, Darwin A01 Top Plate, Darwin A02 Bottom Plate, Fully assembled.
- Dentoform screwdriver
- Extra Kilgore teeth for extra practice (2 sets)
- Composite light-curing unit
- Handpieces (view photos here)
- High speed handpiece - Four-hole non-fibre optic or 5-hole fibre optic high speed
- High speed handpiece connector
- Low speed handpiece motor
- Low speed latch-type bur, contra-angle
- No food is provided during this course. Instructions will be given to the eateries on campus.
- You will be responsible to pay for any broken, damaged or lost instruments/equipment.
- All dental instruments, all dental materials and supplies
- Personal protective equipment (gloves and masks)