Continuing Dental Education is pleased to offer NDEB candidates an opportunity to become familiar with the environment of the dental clinic utilized during the NDEB Exam. This course is offered twice per year, usually scheduled a few weeks before the NDEB Exam.
The dates for 2019 are: Saturday, April 27 and Saturday, November 9.
Registration is now open for the April 2019 date.
• Introduction to the main dental clinic operatory set-up;
• Instruction on the operation of the dental units;
• To verify compatibility of your dental handpieces;
• To review the infection control procedures used at Western University;
• To become more confident and comfortable within the clinical setting environment of the NDEB exam.
Participants will provide their own handpieces, instruments and supplies.
• Four-hole non-fibre optic or 5-hole fibre optic high speed handpieces are compatible with the units at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. (Photos of handpiece connectors here.)
• To fit the Darwin manikin heads, dentoforms must have a screw mount.
• If you have another typodonts/dentoform model, you may bring it to test the torque of your handpieces.
This course is facilitated by Schulich Dentistry faculty and staff.
A Schulich Dentistry technician will be on site to troubleshoot any equipment issues.
Location: Main Dental Clinic, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Early registration ends Friday, April 12, 2019: $449 (+HST)
Registration beginning April 13, 2019: $549 (+HST)
Please note that the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University is not affiliated with the NDEB exam. We cannot provide advice regarding the exam. Please refer your questions to ndeb-bned.ca.
Furthermore, Western University is not endorsed, sponsored, or supported in any way by the National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB). Courses/orientations offered by Western University are not offered by the NDEB, and the NDEB receives no payment or fees in relation to same. Test names and other trademarks such as "NDEB", "BNED", logos and design marks, and service marks, are the property of the NDEB, and are not trademarks of Western University.