News: Eight Schulich Medicine & Dentistry graduate trainees make Western 3MT finals
Eight graduate trainees from the Schulich School Medicine & Dentistry are among the 20 finalists from across the University at this year’s Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition.
The finalists will compete in the Western 3MT Final on March 12 at the Wolf Performance Hall, London Public Library Central branch, at 7:00 p.m.
Congratulations to the Schulich Medicine & Dentistry finalists:
• Sanna Abbasi, PhD Candidate, Biochemistry
• Gregory Brooks, MSc Candidate, Neuroscience
• Tricia Chinnery, MSc Candidate, Medical Biophysics
• Madeleine Dacey, MSc Candidate, Medical Biophysics
• Janice Gomes, PhD Candidate, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
• Chidambra Halari, PhD Candidate, Anatomy and Cell Biology
• Rebecca Kozak, PhD Candidate, Neuroscience
• Yodit Tesfagiorgis, PhD Candidate, Microbiology and Immunology
3MT is a research communication competition where graduate students have three minutes or less to present their research and its impact to a panel of non-specialist judges and peers. The exercise develops academic, presentation and research communication skills.
The winner of Western’s final will represent the University at 3MT Ontario 2020 in April.
For more information about the Western Finals, visit grad.uwo.ca/3mt.