Resident Research Day
The Department of Medicine Resident Research Day is an annual event in which our medicine students, residents, fellows, graduate students and faculty members are able to present their research and have an opportunity to mingle with one another during a day that is dedicated to medical research.
Resident Research Day Update:
Due to COVID-19 concerns, this year’s Resident Research Day on May 28, 2021 will be a virtual event. More details will be shared to your uwo.ca email address in the coming months.
- The abstract must be submitted online and no more than 250 words.
- Those individuals who had an assigned research elective are encouraged to submit an abstract of their accomplishments.
- All abstracts submitted by Department of Medicine trainees, students and grad students will be judged.
- Be sure to submit your abstract before the deadline as there will be no extensions to the deadline this year. Once submitted your abstract cannot be revised - please email Joanna Arsenault-Carter to discuss updates to data etc.
- Faculty members may submit an abstract for Display Only - abstracts are not judged.
- Disclosure forms are included in the online abstract submission form and are required to be completed before you can click the "submit" button.
- An automatic confirmation email will be sent to you. If you do not receive an email at the email address you provided on the abstract submission form please contact Joanna Arsenault-Carter.
- ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM
- Get your posters started as soon as you've submitted your abstract. It will save you rushing to get your poster done later! If you are selected for an oral presentation and you've printed your poster we can make room for your poster for display only.
- If you're waiting for your data, submit your abstract now! Contact Joanna Arsenault-Carter to tell her you will have your data later and we will be able to revise the program to include your data as long as you get it submitted by email no later than May 1st. It's easier to withdraw your poster from Resident Research Day than it is to miss the abstract submission date and not be able to present this year!
- Remember to email DOMEDUCATION@lhsc.on.ca your vacation request so you can get the day off to present your research. It is your responsibility to coordinate the time off for Research Day.
- Most importantly - ALL submitted abstracts are accepted and given poster space. Nine abstracts will be selected by the Review Committee to present as oral presentations. In that instance you won't be assigned a poster location.
- Call for Abstracts - Monday February 8, 2021
- Deadline for Abstract Submissions - Wednesday March 31, 2021 at 5:00pm
- Review of Abstracts - by mid-April
- Selection of Best Abstracts (various categories) - TBD
- Poster/Oral Assignments Notification - Monday April 19, 2021
- Resident Research Day - Friday May 28, 2021
Due to COVID-19 concerns, this year’s Resident Research Day on May 28, 2021 will be a virtual event. The judging times below are standard for our in-person event and may or may not change as our plans for the virtual event unfold in the next few months. If you sign up for judging we will send you more details once they are confirmed.
Department of Medicine Faculty are invited to participate as judges at this year's Resident Research Day. We need judges for the oral presentations (8:40am to 9:40am and 2:00pm to 3:15pm) and poster presentations (10:00am to 11:00am and 11:45am to 1:45pm). If you can help out by judging during any of these time periods please sign up through the Department of Medicine Teaching Opportunities online. If you have questions about the judging role or time committment please call Joanna Arsenault-Carter at 519.685.8500 ext.32864.
Helpful "How-to" on creating a poster in PowerPoint:
Click here for instructions on how to create a large poster using PowerPoint.
Click here for Poster Templates and Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry branding information.
You will need your Western login to access the templates. If you have questions about the templates or require a template that is not shown on the page, please contact the Schulich Commications our staff.
Poster Printing Services On-Campus:Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
The Pathology Department offers large format poster printing for scientific poster presentations.
Dental Sciences Building,
t. 519.661.2111 ext.82207
Check the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine website for details on costs and time. https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/pathol/research/pathology_core_facilities/poster_printing_services.html
Faculty of Science
Mitch Zimmer, Digital Imaging Specialist
Location: Biology; Geology Building Room 2026
t. 519.661.2111 ext.86778
- the cost is $6.00/sq ft. (3' x 4' poster would be $72.00)
- other imaging services available include poster creation (InDesign), photographic corrections (Photoshop), vector imaging (Illustrator); 3D imaging (Cinema 4D).
Poster Printing Services Off-Campus:
Mercury Blueprinting Inc.
344 Wellington Street
London, Ontario N6A 3N8
- 32"X44" poster cost = $40.00. Laminating is also available at $2 per sq. ft. New paper stock is available at a lower cost than quoted below.
- usually fast turnaround (contact for more information)
After the Department of Medicine Resident Research Day please provide us with feedback by completing the online survey.