Applying from university or college (transfer)

Students applying for admission from other universities or colleges:

The central Admissions Office is responsible for admitting students to Western and granting transfer credits. After accepting their offer of admission, students admitted with transfer credits must contact an Academic Counsellor in NCB 280 to discuss their course selection/ program eligibility at Western and whether or not their transfer credits need to be evaluated or revised.

The following information is often required during the evaluation process:

  • list/sequence of lecture topics
  • text or texts used
  • laboratory content (yes/no and # of lab hours)
  • method of assessment (tests, exams, assignments, labs)
  • course weight at other institution (full or half course)
  • level of course as it fits into the other institution's curriculum

Information for students who are transferring to Western for Science and/or Basic Medical Science programs is available on the Academic Counselling website under New Students > Transfer Students.

Please review the Welcome to Western > Admission site for information about applying to Western, including details about the following:

  • how to apply
  • deadlines
  • admission requirements
  • forms
  • scholarships and awards