Research and Graduate Program Coordinator
Department of Surgery
St. Joseph's Health Care London
268 Grosvenor St. Rm E3-113
London, Ontario N6A 4V2
t. 519.646.6100, ext. 64304
Times to Completion
- 3 Terms (1 year)
- Full-time or part-time study
Applicants (domestic and international) are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships:
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum average of 78% over the last two years of an Honours Program (completed prior to enrolment in an MD program).
- Successfully completed the MD degree or equivalent.
- Completed a minimum of two years of a surgical residency program (students may apply at any point in residency or fellowship training thereafter).
- Demonstrated an aptitude for and interest in surgical research.
- Research Proposal for the student’s surgical subspecialty area and the identification of a supervisor for the research.
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- Minimum two-year degree from an English language university.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 600 for the paper and pencil version, 250 for the computer version, or 92 for the internet version with no individual score below 22. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score is 6.5 out of 9.
- April 15 - Fall Term
- January 15 - Summer Term
Acceptance notification 1-2 months after application deadline.